Friday, January 30, 2009

Isaiah Unplugged!

Isaiah 45:18-25 For the LORD is God, and he created the heavens and earth and put everything in place. He made the world to be lived in, not to be a place of empty chaos. "I am the LORD," he says, "and there is no other. I publicly proclaim bold promises. I do not whisper obscurities in some dark corner. I would not have told the people of Israel to seek me if I could not be found...For there is no other God but me, a righteous God and Savior. There is none but me. Let all the world look to me for salvation! For I am God; there is no other. I have sworn by my own name; I have spoken the truth, and I will never go back on my word: Every knee will bend to me, and every tongue will confess allegiance to me. " The people will declare, "The LORD is the source of all my righteousness and strength." 

COMMENT: I can't improve on this. What a bold and audacious act - to declare such words in a time of transition, when God's people have known nothing but absence, loss, and displacement in exile. In times like these, God's people remember and confess: "The LORD is the source of all my righteousness and strength." Today, in a failing economy... at the end of a season of personal transition, loss, and displacement... when the cries of despair would drown out the whisper of hope... these words, however audacious, still sustain - for they are the words of the living God - offering a future that is filled with hope.


Soli Deo gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment